The Ballet Year At a Glance
Auditions for any of the school year programs in our ballet school may be scheduled by appointment.
Auditions for our Summer Intensive occur in January / February.
End of Year
The school year concludes at the beginning of June.
Regular school year classes begin in September after Labor Day Weekend each year.
Students in Level V and older are encouraged to participate in YAGP, UBC and other competitions (January – April).
All enrolled students will participate in performances each school year with the exception of pre-ballet level kids, ages 3-5.
Pre-professional students are encouraged to attend our Summer Intensive anywhere between 1 to 7 weeks (June — August).
Click Here to View
Auditions for School Year Program
Koltun Ballet Boston’s Pre-Professional Ballet Program focuses on the individual student. Building technique, flexibility, artistry, and strength through classical ballet to serve as a foundation for a professional future career in dance. Placement in the Pre-Professional and Children’s Program is by audition only and geared to the serious ballet student who possesses a genuine desire to progress in a classical ballet school.
To request entry to our school-year program, please arrange an audition (year round) by filling out the form below.
After arranging a time, please bring with you:
- Audition fee of $50
- Photo showing first arabesque (Level IV and up)
- This Registration Form signed by parent
School Year Tuition & Fees are available upon request.
|Pre-Ballet||Ages 3-5||1 time/week|
|Primary Level||Ages 5-6||1 time/week|
|Level I||Ages 6-7||1 time/week|
|Level II||Ages 7-8||2 times/week|
|Level III||Ages 8-9||2 times/week|
|Level IV||Ages 9-11||3 times/week|
|Level V||Ages 12-13||4 times/week|
|Level VI||Ages 14-15||5 times/week|
|Level VII||Ages 16-19||6 times/week|
School Year Registration Steps
After auditioning (and being accepted) follow these steps to register for the school year:
- Ensure that we have a Health Information / Waiver signed by a parent (this should have been done at the audition). Returning students need not renew this.
- Complete this Registration form, also signed by a parent. Returning students need not renew this.
- Obtain a copy of student’s most recent Health/Immunization form from your physician. Returning students need to file this every year.
- Review and sign the Koltun Ballet Student Handbook.